Coding as a hobby
A lot of my free time (not that much at the moment really lol) I’m dedicating to learning to code. I’m doing that because I love many aspects about it:
- It’s an intellectual challenge
- I love the vast online community and how lost one can get in it
- I don’t have to ask anyone for permission
- It’s knowledge that enables me to be better in my job and educate myself beyond my job of running a Kombucha brewery
- I regret not having studied something more technical at some point and are now catching up
I approach coding as a hobby. Some people like to build model planes, go rock climbing or read a novel per week. My hobby increasingly becomes coding. I don’t know where it takes me, but I feel I’m on the right track.